Wednesday 12 February 2014

Firsts all round

So this is my (Ellie) first post for the blog, and today Marie and I accomplished our first 5 mile run!
Tough is an understatement, naively I thought an extra mile would not be too strenuous but going from 4 miles to 5 is actually upping the distance by 2 km and by George, did we feel it. My legs reached the point of no return; I was unable to stop running, even at the traffic lights (we really are getting quite serious now). Marie seemed on top form, that’s my girl! 



Upping the distance has also had its touristic perks; we saw this beautiful view from the bridge and found a park which brought back childhood memories for Marie. 



Today we have made progress and although the reality of the challenge ahead is starting to hit home, I think I can say for the two of us, we’ve never felt fitter and more determined. Plus the après-run snacks are to die for.

Ellie x

No comments:

Post a Comment