Tuesday 11 February 2014

4 mile improvement

This is now our third week of training and we have realised that Ellie is so much better at running than I am. Yesterday I woke up from a light afternoon slumber to missed calls and texts from Ellie asking if I was going to run. Needless to say no running was done by me yesterday, though Ellie trooped through. Today, I was too scared to run alone (so many weirdos in the French wilderness...), so I made Ellie come running with me. We hit four miles without too much hardship though tomorrow we have to up it to 5 miles. It's going to be interesting. Ellie and I think that this will be when we hit the 'wall' and want to quit, but we WILL NOT! WE WILL PERSEVERE! I nearly lagged today after around 20 minutes, but then when I realised we had reached our university campus (a 15 minute tram journey away!) I suddenly felt like superwoman. It's things like that that keep running interesting!


Marie x

2 comments:

  1. You guys are motivating me!! :) When I'm feeling better we should run together!! As in you choose how long you want to run for/what distance and I'll do it on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can run together when I'm in Manchester! :) Glad we're motivating you too!

      Delete