Sunday 6 April 2014

We're back!

My oh my it has been a while! Ellie and I have really been slacking! I can't believe how quickly the last few weeks have gone. We now only have 21 days till the half marathon. That's THREE WEEKS TODAY! Excuse me while I go and hyperventilate in panic...

Ellie and I have booked our train tickets and our (surprisingly nice looking) hostel for the trip, now all we need to do is get our bums into gear and start training again! We (quite obviously) took some time off for various reasons I shan't go into, but now we need to hoik it up a gear so that we don't suffer too much when it comes to the actual event.

Sadly this is how I have started to feel...

We went on a 5 mile run this week which went a lot better than we expected, despite Ellie's shins still being in pain, which is very encouraging. We are sure that we will make it past the finish line in a respectable time, and if it isn't respectable we just won't tell anyone! As long as we run our fastest on the day, and do our best to improve in the meantime, there is not much else we can do except grin and bear the more intense training we now have to do.

To encourage us, we are going outfit shopping next week. We plan on looking stylish in colourful, matching outfits. Photos will definitely ensue once they have been bought...

So happy to be running again. Until we began to run.


WE CAN DO IT!!!

A bientôt!

Marie x

No comments:

Post a Comment