Tuesday 8 April 2014

Let's start at the very beginning, A very good place to start...

Yesterday I was feeling very lethargic after waking up from a very long nap so at 7:15pm I decided to go on a relatively short run. I loved being able to run so late and it still be light and warm outside!

My original intentions were to start from the very beginning of our training plan, and run approximately 2 or 2.5 miles, just to get me moving and wake me up, but for the first time ever, once I had started I just could not stop! I ended up running 4.5 miles without stopping or walking once (which is a big deal for me, trust me) and I only stopped because I ended up feeling revolting because it was a little too warm, and definitely more than a little too humid.

After a month long break I was really pleased that A) I managed to run without my running buddy, B) I managed to run that far and C) that I didn't stop! A few months ago that definitely would not have been possible.

Today I didn't run due to feeling a little peaky, but tomorrow I will put my trainers back on and run like the wind, I might even not set a distance goal and just go as far as I feel able to (mad, I know) to see how far I am capable of without being egged on by Ellie. And Friday, despite being my birthday, I will attempt to do the same again. We're running out of time now so there is no time to waste!!

Marie x

No comments:

Post a Comment